28 July 2010

HP Mini 311's Alps Trackpad vs Apple's New Magic Trackpad

I wonder what I had this morning for breakfast that I put such a post title as this. It's horrendously stupid to suggest that the HP Mini 311 Alps trackpad be pitted against Apple's new Magic Trackpad; it's like David and Goliath.

No, the Alps trackpad is in NO way David.

The HP Mini 311's Alps trackpad is like an awkward giant, very much like Goliath - as brute as giants could get. And, yes, to preserve my credibility on the subject of giants' awkwardness, I should say I've had the pleasure to make the acquaintance of two or three giants in my life.

Not! :)

Anyhow, imagine that this external trackpad made for desktop use, even has its PrefPane working dandy fine in System Preferences. It shows up as trackpad and not a horrible PS2 mouse like the Alps!
And for I am the geek that I am, I want one for my birthday. :D

Good thing I didn't rush out to buy the Magic Mouse (as if I could've afford it, hah!).

3 comments:

Tony said...

I gave in to the darkside maureen :o I sold my hackintosh 311 and got an iPad with the wifis 0_0

LeMaurien19 said...

The iPad is wonderful, I'd get it too if it were available here in the Philippines, to add to my daily round of gadgets :D

LeMaurien19 said...

The iPad is wonderful, I'd get it too if it were available here in the Philippines, to add to my daily round of gadgets :D